You may send email messages to contacts of your address book or of a contact list, provided these contacts have an email address.
• Open your address book (e.g. using GoTo Address Book ) or a contact list and check those contacts which you want to send an email message to. If you want to send a message to all contacts of a contact list, simply select Edit Select all .
• Select (Email) or (Send Email) in the multi-selection toolbar, to send the message.
• (Email) starts the email form of your Web browser. BSCW has already entered the primary email addresses of the contacts selected into the ‘To:’ field. You may enter further email addresses either manually or from the address book of your Web browser.
• (Send Email) uses a BSCW specific action instead of the email function of your browser. Depending on the configuration of your BSCW server, you may send email messages and/or faxes. You may use your address book when entering the receivers of your messages.
• The ‘Send Email’ form already shows the email addresses of the contacts selected in the ‘To:’ field. You may enter further email addresses either manually or by selection from your address book that is shown when you click on one of the [To:], [Cc:] or [Bcc:] buttons. Enter subject and body of your message and confirm with [OK] to send the message.
• You may choose between sending an email or a fax by using the respective buttons [Send Fax] and [Send Email]. When sending a fax, you may also make use of your address book by clicking the [Fax-No:] button.
Depending on the configuration of your BSCW server, you may send an SMS to a contact with a mobile phone number
• by selecting Send SMS in the action menu of the contact.
BSCW helps you to send an email message to an ad-hoc selection of the members of a workspace (in this case, you are sure to have the email addresses):
• Click the icon next to the name of the workspace to display its members’ page.
• Click Edit Select all and/or the individual check boxes to select the members to be included in your ad-hoc mailing list.
• Click (Email) or (Send Email) in the multi-selection toolbar to send a message as it is described for contacts above.