The organizer of an appointment scheduling may allow participants to suggest other participants. If this is the case, the invitation email for an appointment scheduling also contains a link for suggesting other persons for participating in the appointment, e.g. in case you yourself do not want to participate.
You suggest other persons for participation in the appointment
• by clicking the “Suggest participants” link of the invitation email or by opening the appointment scheduling and clicking the [Suggest participants] button in the appointment scheduling action form. If you are a member of the workspace that contains the appointment scheduling, you can also suggest new participants by selecting Suggest Participants in the action menu of the appointment scheduling.
• In the ‘Suggest Participants’ action form you may select additional participants of the appointment (as you would select members of a workspace). You may also enter email addresses of persons who are not registered users of your BSCW server; in the case of appointment scheduling, these persons can take part without registering as BSCW users.
• Click [OK] to either have the new participants directly invited or have the organizer informed about your suggestion who will then decide about inviting the persons you have suggested.
Depending on the configuration of your BSCW server and the specification of the organizer of the appointment, the new participants suggested by you are either directly invited or have to be confirmed by the organizer. In the latter case, the organizer will receive an email to that end. The organizer can also
• select Revise Suggestions in the action menu of the appointment scheduling.
• In the action form ‘Invite Suggested or New Participants’, the persons suggested for participation are already entered under ‘Suggested persons’.
• Hit [OK] to confirm participation. At this point, you may also add further participants.