In the layout of the folder page, the menu entries that create objects of different types are located in four places:
• In the top menu bar, you may create objects in the current folder by selecting the object type entry from the File New menu, e.g. File New Folder creates a new subfolder of the current folder. The action form has three sections:
• In the ‘General’ section, you enter the name and optional tags and description.
• Finally hit [OK] to create the new folder.
• The action shortcut bar allows for creating frequently used objects in the current folder, e.g. clicking on also creates a new subfolder in the current folder with exactly the same action form as above.
• The context menu allows for creating new objects in the current folder by selecting the object type from the New menu, e.g. New Discussion Forum creates a new discussion forum in the current folder.
• The action menus of folder entries (or entries of other container objects like discussion forums, website folders or projects) also offer a New menu for creating new objects; e.g. New Poll in the action menu of a subfolder creates a new poll in this subfolder.
All actions for the creation of a new object will bring up a form in which to enter the information that BSCW needs to create the new object. The form depends on the object type selected. For the different object types see 3.3 Shareable objects.
Some objects may only be created within specific other objects, e.g. notes may only be created within discussion forums, phases may only be created within projects. Creation of communities via the File menu is only possible in your home folder and address book.
Note: You may create shared workspaces in your home folder via File New Workspace , which is a shortcut for first creating a private folder and then inviting other users as members (see 3.4.3 Inviting members). This menu entry is available only in home folders and is meant to avoid a confusion of workspaces and communities for new BSCW users.